August started off with some excitement for us - we opened our new Westshore location on Goldstream Ave! We are no longer operating out of our Colwood location, but you don't have to go far to find our new store - see a map here. It's in a little strip mall right beside the Galloping Goose trail so you can stop by on your bike ride!
There's one month left of summer vacation so make sure you get out and enjoy the beautiful places to visit on our Island! Our granola bars make great travel snacks, and bring along a baguette for a picnic, or hamburger buns or cheese buns for a bbq. We make hotdog buns too if you order ahead. If you're going to a picnic potluck try something different with a bread salad! It's a great way to use summer veggies like tomatoes and cucumbers and toasted pieces of bread (or grab a bag of our croutons).
We are a bit thin staffed this month, so you'll see a few less options in our pastry case, but the choices we have are still very tempting!
Our seasonal features are listed below, but if you're craving something specific that isn't there you can always give us a call or send us an email to ask if we can make you something special.
We have many other standard products available on a regular basis that you'll find in our menu.
- chiffon cream with berries (something light - have your cake with chantilly whipped cream instead of frosting! Recently we've been featuring blueberries, blackberries or peaches.)
- chocolate with black currant mousse (the centre is a layer of chocolate cake and an airy gelatin-set mousse surrounds the sides and top. A layer of chantilly cream and black currant miroir on top completes this pretty cake)
- mini cheesecakes, weekly changing variety
- chiffon orchard (chiffon cupcake topped with berries and chantilly cream)
- chocolate fudge
- lemon lavender with fresh blueberries
- galette with seasonal fruit (featuring blueberries, blackberries, apples or peaches right now)
- pie with apples and/or berries (if you're craving a specific filling give us a call ahead of time to see if we can make it for you; no minimum order, and we like suggestions!)