It seems early, but we're already getting ready for Christmas. Lots of candying citrus lately because next week you'll see the first batch of our fruitcakes! Everyone has an opinion of fruitcake, not always favourable, but you really should give ours a try; it's full of brandy-soaked organic dried fruit, candied orange, lemon and grapefruit peel and just enough spice. This dense and decadent treat has quite a long shelf-life, about 4-6 weeks on the counter, or up to 3 months (or longer!) in your fridge or freezer, depending on how it is packaged and stored.
We'll be starting gingerbread cookies soon, and gingerbread house kits will be available later November.
If you enjoyed our Almond Autumn Spice Cake this month, you'll probably like our new twist on it for November - we are turning it into a Mincemeat Torte Slice, so you don't have to buy a whole cake to enjoy these flavours! You can order a cake version ahead if you prefer.
Our seasonal features are listed below, and of course we have many other standard products available on a regular basis that you'll find in our menu.
- Lemon Spice Slice (almond cake layered with citrus curd, mincemeat along the top, and spiced buttercream along the sides)
- Chocolate Ginger Mousse (gingered chocolate cake layer inside chocolate brandy mousse, chocolate ganache mask)
- Cranberry Orange Torte (almond cake layered and masked with cranberry candied orange buttercream)
- Chocolate Ginger Mousse
- almond with cranberry candied orange buttercream
- chocolate fudge
- frangipane tarts with quince buttercream in November
- pumpkin tarts with bruléed top in December once quince supply used up!
- butter tarts (raisin or walnut filling)
- galette with seasonal fruit
- apple pie and pumpkin pie (we recommend ordering ahead if you want either flavour specifically)
- gingerbread people, large or mini
- gingerbread 'family pack' (2 large, 4 mini)
- gingerbread snowflakes
- lemon sugar cookie mittens in November
- lemon sugar cookie snowmen in December
- peppermint sugar cookie trees in December
- herb & garlic vega bread in December (Dec 2, 9, 16, 23 & 24)
- walnut cranberry loaf in December (Dec 17 & 23)
- stuffing mix 300g (dried cubes of bread with organic herbs), later December
- mini panettone (glazed buns with candied citrus & dried fruit) in December
TOURTIERES!! we all can't wait for the return of these meaty pies at the end of November. A savoury filling made with ground beef & pork, and a hint of spice and wine, baked into our flaky pie pastry.